2010年5月5日

(4) Rare cheese cake


Couple years ago, there’re still only few cake specialty stores in Taiwan. After the chain cake and bread store” 85℃” rises and spreads sharply, the opportunities of eating and knowing desserts become higher. 85℃ is famous for its low price and good quality. I remember that when one of the branch stores opened in Tainan, my hometown, my father often bought one or two cakes for my sister and me as dessert. At that time, we all considered cakes as a symbol of novel and happiness.

During that time, my favorite one is cheese cake. It’s not only delicate and delicious but also cheap. After years, when I browse recipes and surf the cooking websites out of interest, I surprisingly find that actually cheese cake is an easy-to-make and hard -to-fail dessert.
We can divide cheese cake from two different kinds according to the way it is made. The first kind is well-baked and another is much simple, only need to be froze. I am going to introduce the simple one.

Ingredients:
Cream cheese: 250g
Butter: 20g
Gelatin sheet: 3 pieces
Sugar: 50g
Whipped cream: 125g
Wafer: 50g

1. Put cream cheese at room temperature making it soft; dip gelatin sheets in cool water.

2. Shatter wafers into powder and then mix it with melted butter. Paste the finished product on the bottom of your container. You can replace wafers into cake or other cookies you like.





3. Add sugar into cream cheese, and heat it until it melt into half-liquid. Remember that don’t heat any dairy products directly on the stove. Take a bigger vessel pouring in some water, then put the container which has cream cheese in it. After cream cheese melt, add whipped cream and gelatin sheets. Keep stirring during the whole process.




4. Pour the finished product into the container which already pasted a wafer layer. After it cools, put it in refrigerator for two to three hours.

The marble-liked pattern on the top is also easy to make. When you finish the last step before send the cake into freezer, drain some melted chocolate on it and then use a toothpick draw circles casually.

2 則留言:

  1. I just bought a rare cheese cake at 85℃ a couple weeks ago. Whatever you make, the recipe looks so simple because you are really good at it! The picture on the top looks as good as or better than the one sold at bakeries. I have seen my sister making the baked cheese cake, and to me it looked a lot of work to do but comparing to that this might be easier. I will show this page to my sister and ask her to make it for me next time^^

    回覆刪除
  2. This recipe is much more simple but the taste and texture are different from the baked one.
    The rare one which I introduce here is heavier and has moist texture though they have almost the same appearance. Maybe you can try to make a smaller one at first.

    回覆刪除